St Paul's History The congregation at St Paul has seen many changes since its humble beginnings as a home church in 1952. After a congregational vote in 1956 property was purchased for a church building. Ground breaking ceremonies took place in July and by November the congregation became proud members of a "basement" church. In 1961 the congregation voted to proceed with the building of the superstructure of the building. Holding a cornerstone ceremony on July 8, 1962 construction began on what is now the main sanctuary and office areas. Dedication of the church was held in October of the same year. In the years that followed the congregation has voted on and carried out the building of a parsonage and a fellowship hall. Today the members of St Paul continue building on the strong Christian foundation that has been a vital part of their history. That history includes believing, teaching and confessing the Holy Scriptures as the inspired, inerrant word of God. We are committed to the authority of the Bible as the inspired Word of God and the authoritative source and norm of its proclamation, faith, and life. In keeping with the Lutheran Confessions, we believe all doctrines should and must be judged by the teaching of scripture. Because of these foundational beliefs the congregation, in January of 2011, unanimously voted to become affiliated with the North American Lutheran Church (NALC). Embodying the theological center of Lutheranism in North America, the NALC is Christ Centered, Mission Driven, Traditionally Grounded and Congregationally Focused, which is the same foundation the members of St Paul have built on since its beginnings in 1952.